Ethernet is the best way to connect your computer to the router using cable.It also helps to increase the speed of your network than the wireless network. So in this article, I will tell you How To Connect To Ethernet.
How To Connect To Ethernet
Ethernet cables, also known as RJ-45 cables, have a square plug on each end. You’ll use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to your router.
- The cable connecting your modem and your router is an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure your router is online. Your router should be connected to your modem, which should be connected to a Cable or Ethernet port in your wall, and you should see a constant light on the front of the router and/or modem.
- If you just have a modem, simply make sure that it’s attached to the Cable or Ethernet port on your wall.
- Locate Ethernet ports on your computer and router. Ethernet ports are square, and they usually have an icon depicting a series of connected boxes near them.
- On your router, Ethernet ports will typically say “LAN” (Local Area Network) above them.
- If you’re just connecting to a modem, the port you need will usually say “Internet” or “WAN” above it.
- Plug your Ethernet cable into your computer and your router. As long as your router is online, doing so will connect your computer to the Internet almost immediately.